Wednesday, July 9, 2008

1978



blondie
back to the begining, while the diddymen may have been one of my oldest record memories, the first record i bought was "sunday girl" by Blondie back in 1978. It cost me 99p at WH Smiths on watford high street, and i used a gift voucher that i had gotten for christmas to get it. Debbie Harry was my first big musical love, and i spent a lot of time wishing i had her lips and cheek bones - just like all 10 year old boys! I got to meet her 20 years later at a screening at the loews village 7 in new york for a movie she was in, well when i say meet her i mean we shared the same lobby as i was too nervous to say hello. " Dont make friends with the rockstars" as Lester Bangs would go on to say in the movie Almost Famous. The same Lester Bangs that was into the whole " Blondie is a group " thing, back in the 70's

2 comments:

Robert said...

Matt - I am loving your blog already. Keep them coming young man. Rx

visit sounds around said...

thanks rob, I have been on vacation but i am now back with avengance so expect to see more posts soon. thanks for the encouragement !