Sunday, July 27, 2008

1972




Clouds in my coffee
Back to the vinyl and back to my beginings. I'm guessing it's around 1972, and I'm asking my dad to get me Carley Simon's "Clouds in ya' coffee", thats what i called it anyway, the rest of the world would know it as "You're so Vain". My dad at the time was doing shop window dressing and picked me up a copy of the single from a record store he happened to be dressing in my home town. I also remember some large posters of silver lions to, but i cant remember what they where for. As for the album No Secrets - I cant remember where or when i got it. But its excellent either way. Back to that record store, I remember my brother and I sitting outside in my dads vauxhall viva while he was inside and reving the engine so it wouldn't stall. Did you know Mick Jagger does the back up vocals on the "your so vain" ?

No comments: