Tuesday, July 29, 2008

1968-2008



Would you have liked a present to?

starting the day with "happy birthday" by Altered Images from 1981. A very happy song, it always puts a smile on my face, and reminds me of watching top of the pops !
C is getting me drum lessons, which is quite exciting i have to say, i also got an early morning call from France and happy birthday sang to me by my dear friend Anne and her 2 children, this was followed by a birthday blog greeting from K and P my dear friends back in London who inspired my blog. I really cant ask for more than that, tonight is dinner at Bar 6 my favorite NY place with hopefully more friends.
I continued the morning with
head over heels by tears for fears, 20 years to late by edwyn collins, since yesterday by strawberry switchblade, magic moments by perry como, dub be good to me by beats international, independent woman by destiny's child, and then rounded it off with different corner by george michael, stray by aztec camera, this is the day by the the and lastly somebody to love by queen !
Happy Birthday to me and anyone else who shares this day.

3 comments:

read me... said...

Strawberry Switchblade, Since Yesterday...ooh, great song!! Sounds like a fantastic sountrack to your day! x

read me... said...

Well then little drummer boy a very happy birthday to you. We wish we were there but be sure we'll come bearing gifts in the autumn. Pete

Robert said...

Hey M! Ibs and I wish you a very Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had a great time and a happy day. So pleased to see your new posts - keep em coming. I saw Herb a few years back at the Jazz Cafe. What a legend. Thanks for your comments, by the way. Loving your blog. Keep the vynl fire burning. R