Sunday, September 7, 2008

082908

Searching for the now
Last week I went to see The Pains of Being Pure at Heart at the glasslands gallery in williamsburg. I didnt know that much about them other than the 7" single Bryan had also given me for my birthday which is on very nice grey vinyl and number 4 in searcing for the now series.

It was a very interesting evening, starting with us going to the wrong venue around the corner which then turned out ok as it gave us something to do in between bands, alternating between the 2 venues. I rely on Bryan to keep me up to date with the cool kids, and is the latest, spenser,frank... in a long line of friends that have been nice enough to share new music with me, and thats new as in i haven't heard.
I was so tired by the time "the pains" came on - around 1am i think, that i cant remember if i liked them or not. I do remember i liked that band before them - my teenage stride
I wish i could remember the name of the other venue and the headlining act as they where mental and we lasted about a minute. I do love seeing live bands though.

No comments: