Thursday, September 18, 2008

२००७(१९८१)



musique originale du vie
I've been buying soundtracks as long as i've been buying records, and watching films. Just after C got me my new turntable for my birthday last year i was bargain box hunting at other music and picked up this beauty. I had not seen the film since my days of hanging out at the scala in kings cross london, but as a self confessed francophile i figured i couldnt go wrong. And i didn't - a great mix of eighties electronica, the beautiful
la wally aria "ebben", and all wrapped up in the amazing score by Vladimir Cosma. As fate would have it just the following week The Film Forum screened a new print. The movie has aged very well, and ever since i have been trying to find one of those cool blue wave lamps that Gorodish has in his appartment...



This album is now up there with my all time favorites, and i play it almost every week !

2 comments:

Robert said...

hey Matt. What a great album that is! I haven't played it for years but will dig her out this week and give her a whirl. Loving the blog, as always, and get really excited when I see a new post from you. Hope all's well, love to you and and C. R.

visit sounds around said...

thanks rob - let me know if you think it holds up?
Im really going to have to fly by to sample some ibolya's cooking. im jealous !